Friday, July 15, 2011

And what does the Lord ask of you? To do justice and to love mercy.

one of my favorite things about being in a developing country...
it is IMPOSSIBLE to forget:

  • that you are just a drop in an incredibly ginormous :) ocean.
  • that this is so much bigger than what we can see.
  • that somebody else HAS to be in control, because if he isn't, there is no point.
  • that life is SHORT, you have to live every moment.  

People are dying EVERY DAY, all around you. It is your choice how you live your life. I do not want to have any regrets. I do not want to wish I lived differently, wish I took the time to say I love you, wish I took the time to smile more, wish I took the time to listen, really listen.  Today I choose to live in the present moment.  Today I choose to live for you.  Today I choose love and mercy. Because I agree with Paul, no matter what you have or how much you know, without love you have nothing.

I think I want to surf, mostly so that i could feel the awesome power of the waves, and always remember that i am not the one in control.  :)

Oh and today I saw three people on a moto:  the driver, a mother, and a little tiny boy with an IV (the drip was suspended from a long stick that the mother was carrying), I'm sorry I didn't get a picture, would have felt super guilty.  But sometimes I think the things that you SEE are the things that make you who you are. So I do wish you could see. It's like you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.  And once again Mother T sums it all up! Anyone who has worked on the streets knows that this is true poverty, the worst disease.  Being unneeded and unwanted and unloved.  Make a difference today.

No comments:

Post a Comment