Tuesday, October 18, 2011

maybe being nothing is everything...

Even the rocks cry out.

He doesn’t need me.  He doesn’t need you.

Everything will continue, everything will go on without my or your existence.  We are not ‘needed’ to change anything, to make a difference anywhere.  We are not needed to praise or to worship.  We are not needed to ‘bless’ anyone.  We are not needed at all.

Every tree, every rock, every wave, every color, every rainbow, every breath in your lungs, every beat of your heart is in complete and total awe and surrender of his glory.  Is in complete worship of Him whether you or I choose to be or not.

Even when I forget and think that I am somehow a vital little piece of this planet, He always reminds that I am just a lucky one.  To once in awhile make the choice on my own to surrender.  To get to see some of his breathtaking creation.  To not be needed.  To not be vital. 

I am not needed, I am nothing.  The only one who matters and who can actually make a difference already did. 

Every day that I GET to add  my voice to the rocks and to the trees I am more in awe.  Every day that I get to smile and laugh with some more of His creation I am more and more overwhelmed by love and grace.

And every day I know that I don’t deserve any of this but while I’m here I will give all that I am in whatever way possible.  I don’t know what tomorrow will be bring but I do know that one thought, one glimpse, one breath, one snap of His fingers can do what I might wish, hope, or try to accomplish in an entire lifetime (and my ‘accomplishments’ still wouldn’t matter).  

Sometimes when I wonder if this is all just a dream, sometimes when I realize again that I am just a speck in the ocean I feel so useless.  And in THIS very feeling of uselessness I find freedom and I find hope. 

Less of me, more of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment