Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another day in the life of a barang….

Today I gave Oscar a bath.
Mar was thinking maybe it would cause him to hate me.   I didn’t care one way or the other.   Plus he is kitten, he will get over it, right???
Now, he won’t leave my side, apparently it had the opposite effect…  still not sure if that is good or bad.

Onto a more daily occurrence.
Do your neighbors ever come over (for one reason or another) and start cleaning your house?
Now trust me, it is not a messy house (that is not the issue). 
Whether stopping in to say hello, picking up one of the multitudes visiting children, dropping off a pot of soup or a bag of fruit… it is completely normal to go into the fridge and grab a drink or into the bathroom and grab the mop and then mop the whole house.
I just laugh.  There is no sense privacy, no personal space.  It is interesting and refreshing.
And I am the one that is choosing to live here, so it is up to me to adapt!  
P.S.  This reminds of “There should be less talk; a preaching point is not a meeting point.  What do you do then? Take a broom and clean someone's house.  That says enough.”  (another beautiful thought from Mother Teresa)

It doesn’t matter how long I have been here, I still find new things to shrug and laugh about every day. 

Calling someone (including your wife) fat is not at all rude or offensive.

The flow of traffic…even after observing traffic here for over year there is always so much more to learn. 
FRUSTRATING = people who start to go or cross a street and then change their mind and stop in the middle – never do that.  Just go forward…slowly or you disrupt the entire flow.   Haha  Hesitation – NO GOOD!  Make a decision and stick with it. 

And that is 'the rest of the story.'

No comments:

Post a Comment