Sunday, March 25, 2012

What do you see today? And how will you respond?


What I see today:

Greed
Beauty
Need
Pain
Hope
Desire
Hurt
Love
Fear
Individuality
Shame
Resentment
Faith
Longing
Desperation
Kindness
Hopelessness
Potential

I walk around considering:
What can I see in her face?
What can I see in his eyes?

I have no words.  No response.  No reaction. 

Just a small sense of each of the emotions I saw, especially pain, and then such intense feelings of overwhelming love.   There is no need here for a love of pity or sympathy.  A love from someone of ‘more’ to someone of ‘less.’ 
The only love needed here is an unconditional, inspiring, empowering, creative, powerful, immediate and everlasting unstoppable love.  
Love that does not require words alone but that speaks the truth of:
"you are enough" 
"you are strong" 
"you are intelligent" 
"you are more than capable"
"you are beautiful"

My insides are in knots and I have no idea what to do or where to go from here.

This place is madness.
Everything is thrown in your face.  You cannot hide from reality here.  You cannot live in a bubble.  This world is full of hurt and hurting and who are we if we see that and choose to ignore it. 

Extremely tiny glimpse of the happenings:
Menus with pictures of various acts and their prices, these are continually shoved in your face.
Streets and streets and streets FULL of people from every country in the world – tourists and customers. 
People for sale from numerous countries – all of Asia, all of Eastern Europe, various African countries, etc.
Girls, girls, girls everywhere.
Boys, boys, boys everywhere.

So beautiful and so perfect.
We cannot continue to destroy these souls.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
These are the things that matter:  people crying out for freedom and then being victimized again and again and again.  Not only by the ones we may call "perpetrators" but by those whose ignorance results in continued acceptance and therefore continued consumption.  Those who claim to know and understand these things they know absolutely nothing about.   Those who claim “oh well he had a choice,”  or “they aren’t chained up so they can walk away if they want to.”  


“At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done.
We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.”
Mother Teresa


1 City in 1 Country
60,000 people for sale. 
Every night.
Think about that or see it for yourself.  You will be changed.  
This is just a reminder. 
Life is more than 9-5, more than raising your beautiful children, more than you and more than me.   

The light HAS to break through the darkness.  Or why are we even here?


No comments:

Post a Comment